Sunday, October 9, 2011

Preparations for the Big Trip

Today is Sunday October 9th and my condo is askew with bags, lists, boxes, and suitcases (one I have to select) as I continue preparations for my Thursday departure for Nepal.  I have been looking forward to this journey for some time. My wife, Janelle, was in Nepal for two months in 2008 and returned with stories and ideas that enticed my sensibilities.  This is her blog highlighting her trip:
Janelle Jones' Blog of her 2008 Trip to Nepal
As the year 2010 waned and '11 reared its head I could sense "change" becoming a strong pull into the forefront of each of my days. What felt correct and good, was to channel this sense into an opportunity to extend a helping hand to others.
Janelle and I had many conversations concernng this and from them arose VIN
Volunteers Initiative Nepal Website
I will be teaching English in a village just outside the city of Kathmandu and will live with a host family.
Updates on the way concerning that place and those folk (who I am anxious and excited to meet).

1 comment: